Connect with CPL and offer the resources your students need!
If students from your class need specific library resources for an assignment, let us know in advance so that we can suggest a range of sources and provide the best service possible.
Field Trips & Group Visits
We are pleased that you have chosen to introduce your students to the public library! By working together we can craft an effective field trip and build a class of lifelong library users. The best way to promote the public library habit is for your students to visit CPL and get a hands-on positive experience. We encourage you to arrange your tour so that they can do this.
We can accommodate many types of library visits.
Possible programs include:
- Special book themes (award winners, biographies, pioneers, etc.) as story times or book talks.
- An introduction to library use and how to care for library books.
- A tour of the Youth Room.
- A tour of the entire library.
- Browsing and Check-out.
- Introduction to library research.
- Group instruction on the library’s electronic resources.
- Feel free to contact us with suggestions for other services.
Please schedule early for your choice of day and time. We understand that schools might be limited on yearly field trips. Remember that we can bring a program to you! Contact Harmony Harris, the Head of Youth Services, to schedule your classroom field trip today! Harmony@clintonpl.lib.in.us or 765-832-8349.
Educators may borrow a collection of materials to supplement the resources of their classrooms. The collection may be for recreational use, or it may be a subject collection related to a class unit. Items available include, but are not limited to, books, dvds, audiobooks, and S.T.E.A.M. items.
- Subject(s) of collection
- Grade and reading level
- Number of items (You may borrow up to 10-15 assorted items)
- Loan period–3 weeks. Longer loans must be designated at checkout time.
- Collections will only be filled Monday through Friday.
- You may request a collection as often as you wish.
- The collection may include CDs, Audio Books, and DVDs if available.
- Duplicate copies of the same title maybe available upon request.
- There may be limits on holiday books.
- Requested items may take approximately 2 weeks to fill if borrowed from CPL library consortium.
Talks to Teacher or Parent Groups
We are happy to speak at school events, educator meetings, parent groups, or other adult groups. Your group might be interested in hearing about library services, new children’s books, ways parents can encourage children to read, learning activities based on children’s books, or technology and education. We offer to set-up a library booth to showcase library services and offer book giveaways. If your topic is not listed here, call 765-832-8349 to inquire.